About Me

My photo
My thoughts, my words, my life.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Featured Item of the Month


Every month you’ll get an update on the goings on of Garden Belle, my shop on Etsy.com. For this introductory newsletter, let me first explain what Garden Belle is all about, and I hope you’ll be as excited about it as I do!

Garden Belle started as an idea – as most things are. My mom Ami and I love fashion and we love to design. But it’s not just our love of fashion and design that got us thinking about starting this initiative. There are so many things going on in the world today, so many causes that need our help and as any human being, I want to do our part for the world.

So I came up with the idea to create handbags that are stylish, practical, affordable, environment-friendly and most of all, charitable. What do I mean by charitable? Well, if you purchase our bags, you will also be helping those in need. Half of the proceeds will go to various charity organizations.

From the idea, came the products: Belle Epoque by Garden Belle. A line of handmade handbags, individually sown using environmentally-friendly materials that are stylish, beautiful, affordable and most importantly, they’re created for a good cause. Belle Epoque by Garden Belle handbags are all about looking good and doing good at the same time.

Belle Epoque by Garden Belle’s bag of the month is The Thea Bag, a beautiful shoulder bag handmade from two burlap fabrics – dyed pink and brown, cut in diagonal triangles and sown together on the front and back. There are brown strips in the sides and bottoms, and pink strips sewn over faux leather for the straps. This shoulder bag comes in small medium size, and it will fit comfortably around your shoulder, thus making it the perfect shoulder bag.

If you purchase The Thea Bag, you will also be helping a cause very close to my heart right now, Haiti. As you know, the earthquake that devastated the island have left many people homeless, injured and in dire need of immediate help. Half of the proceeds from The Thea Bag will go to CARE America, a charity organization dedicated to fight global poverty. You can go to their website on http://www.care.org/ for more information on the organization.

To purchase The Thea and other handbags in the line, you can go to the Garden Belle Etsy page at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gardenbelleshop or click this link to be taken directly to the page.

Thank you for all your support, and I hope you will have fun shopping at Garden Belle, where you can look good and do good at the same time.

Yours Truly, Jen.

No comments: