About Me

My photo
My thoughts, my words, my life.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Top 5 Worst Dresses of 2013

Sooo sorry for the lateness of this post. There were some pretty heinous missteps this year, but most of those were done to obviously look tacky and gain attention (Miley and Gaga, I'm looking at you), so I chose to ignore them. Maybe they'll take that as a hint and not try so hard next time!

 Anyways, my top 5 most hated outfits of the year are:
5. Kristen Stewart
The new face of Chanel, Kristen Stewart, could use a little help in the wardrobe department every now and again. She tends to take one step forward, and 3 steps back! My issue with this outfit is those pants are terribly ill-fitted: too long and too wide. The crop sweater looks a tad off and the sweater around the waist doesn't need to be there. It's not a belt and this isn't the nineties! And don't get me started on the hair...

4. Jennifer Lawrence
Sorry J. Law fans! I know you think she can do nothing wrong, but then she comes out in a dress like this! It's a hot mess of sheer, ugly belt and tacky onesie undergarment.

3. Dakota Fanning
The dress is a bit too much for her: The busy pattern, the exaggerated sleeves and skirt, the boxy, shapeless silhouette. It's avant garde that can't be pulled off by just anybody.

2. Heather Graham
Seafoam green? Since when is this ever a good idea? The design is ambitious, but ends up look like a cross between Ariel in the Little Mermaid and a bridesmaid gown disaster!

1. Lena Dunham
The star of GIRLS on HBO has had a hard year (or two) in fashion.This time at the emmy's, she went for a dowdy floral in an unflattering shade of green. Her hair and tattoo (and I LIKE tattoos) and her makeup did nothing to soften her look as well. The eyeshadow was too garish, the hair too boyish. Nothing about this look worked.







No comments: