About Me

My photo
My thoughts, my words, my life.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

What I Want To See at the Oscars

Sandra Bullock is the favorite to win. So who better than she to wear this old-hollywood throwback by Armani Prive? Penelope Cruz is Nominated for Nine. She is known for wearing frothy, romantic confections, so I would love to see her in this beautiful Armani Prive.
Carey Mulligan would look exquisite in this Lanvin gown. She tends to dress conservative and a bit to old for her young 20-something age. She is still a relative unknown, so I want to see her in this feminine, grandeur gown. It's conservative enough for her to wear, but incredibly eye-catching and star making. Anna Kendrick is another young star and first time nominee. If she wants to garner some star attention, I'd advise to wear this Marchesa gown. She is a pretty starlet who could pull of a dress like this with grace.
Maggie Gyllenhaal tends to dress quirky. She never plays by the rules and always takes risks on the carpet. That is why I chose this Marchesa gown for her. It is form-fitting enough to show off her figure and has interesting detail at the side. It is a hard dress to pull off, but she is a unique star who can wear it.
Just because Gabourey Sibide is a larger size, doesn't mean she should play it safe in black. She is nominated for Precious, her first nomination and film debut, and she should come out on the carpet like a true star. I would love to see her in this Armani Prive dress.
Vera Farmiga is one of the MOST beautiful women in Hollywood. She is not too well known in the states, but always gives an intense performance in her films. She is elegant and toned enough to pull off this extreme opulent Marchesa gown.


A fashion Stylists jobs is to take in consideration their clients body type, hair, eye and skin coloring and personal taste. For instance, You wouldn't put a punk rock girl in a frilly barbie doll pink dress, nor would you put a plus-sized woman in something skin-baring. It's your job to make them look and feel their best without changing who they are. That is how I came up with all these looks. The Academy Awards is a celebration of talent and style. Lately, the looks have all been safe and boring, so I would bring back the drama, the opulence, the over-the-top glamour, to the the nominees.


No comments: